Safe Harbor Family Crisis Center
While you may not have control over another person's violent behavior, you do have choices about how you respond. Always remember it is against the law for your partner to abuse you. Domestic violence is not a family matter - it is a serious crime. You have the right and power to break free from the violence. You can have the better, safer life you and your children deserve.
Does your parnter:
- Call you bad names or put you down?
- Control what you do, who you see, or where you go?
- Isolate you from your friends and family?
- Prevent you from having or keeping a job?
- Destroy your personal property or sentimental items?
- Throw objects at you?
- Hit, slap, punch, choke, kick, or bite you?
- Use your children against you or threaten to take them away?
- Intimidate you with guns, knives, or other weapons?
- Blame you for his/her violent actions?
- Force you to have sex against your will?
- Threaten to injure you, the children, or him/herself if you leave?
Local and National Hotline Numbers
Safe Harbor 24HR Local Crisis Line: 309-343-SAFE (7233)
National Domestic Violence Hotline: 800-799-SAFE (7233)
Child Abuse Hotline: 800-25-ABUSE (22873)